An in-depth look at the serious issue of marine pollution.
# 96298 | 2,336 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on Jun 29, 2007 in Geology and Geophysics (Oceanography) , Environmental Studies (Environmental Problems) , Environmental Studies (Wildlife Protection) , Biology (Ecology) , Environmental Studies (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper reviews and discusses marine pollution. According to the paper, the ocean plays a critical role in sustaining life on this planet. The paper discusses how economic and social prosperity will be useless if the coastal and marine environments are sacrificed, abused or neglected in the process of development. The paper goes on to discuss the serious environmental issues pertaining to marine pollution facing us today.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Boukhari, Sophie. 20,000 Worlds Under the Sea: Ocean Pollution. UNESCO Courier: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, 1998
- Earle, Sylvia. Sea Change: a Message of the Oceans. Perspectives on Marine Environmental Quality Today, 1998 Year of the Ocean. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, 1995. http://www.yoto98.noaa.gov/yoto/meeting/mar_env_316.html
- Glausiusz, Josie. Dead Zones - Pollution Killing Off Ocean Life. Discover, 2000
- Mulvaney, Kieran. A Sea of Troubles: in the International Year of the Ocean, Are We Reaching the Limits? E: the Environmental Magazine: Earth Action Network, Inc., 1998
- Scheer, Roddy. Ocean Rescue: Can We Head Off a Marine Cataclysm? E: the Environment Magazine: Earth Action Network, Inc., 2005
Cite this Research Paper:
Marine Pollution (2007, June 29) Retrieved August 08, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/marine-pollution-96298/
"Marine Pollution" 29 June 2007. Web. 08 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/marine-pollution-96298/>