KLM/Air France and Social Responsibility
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how KLM and Air France are well known for their enduring assurance of safeguarding the environment and encouraging a moral attitude. The paper explores the research on the merger of KLM with Air France and the environmental safeguards the companies have put in place. The paper shows how the size of their group and their strategic positions in the market are encouraging for KLM to achieve greater heights with regard to being a socially responsible company with the co-operation from Air France.
From the Paper:"The 'KLM Royal Dutch Airlines' and Air France was inclined to remain advanced of the developments happening around and formed the biggest airlines in Europe via the 1st significant merger of airlines across the borders to happen in several decades. (Tagliabue, 2003) The amalgamation paved way for the most powerful 'airlines group' in Europe in terms of 2 strong names of brands as well as aviation centers, namely 'Paris Charles de Gaulle' as also 'Amsterdam Airport Schiphol'. Both the airlines share the liabilities on 3 main operations at the same time upholding their own identities, such as 'passenger service', 'cargo operation' as also maintenance of aviation. ("Air France-KLM is very pleased to take part in the second round of CSA'S privatization process", n. d.) Air France and KLM have managed their alliance meticulously and specifically they have devoted themselves in taking advantage of the situation which is proportionate in terms of marketing and revenue generation, cost reduction and synergy and reduced competition. They operate concentrating on the long term vision and objectives. (Doganis, 2006)"
Sample of Sources Used:
- Doganis, Rigas. (2006) "The airline business" Routledge
- Idowu, Samuel O; Filho, Walter Leal. (2008) "Global Practices of Corporate Social Responsibility" Springer.
- N. A. (n. d.) "Air France KLM corporate social responsibility statement" Retrieved 8 May, 2009 fromhttp://developpement-durable.airfrance.com/FR/en/common/pdf/Corporate%20Social%20Responsability%20Statement.pdf
- N. A. (n. d.) "Air France-KLM is very pleased to take part in the second round of CSA'S privatization process" Retrieved 8 May, 2009 fromhttp://corporate.klm.com/en/newsroom/press-releases/archive-2009/air-france-klm-is-very-pleased-to-take-part-in-the-second-round-of-csas-privatization-process
- N. A. (n. d.) "2006 | 2007, a year in perspective" Retrieved 8 May, 2009 fromhttp://corporate.klm.com/assets/files/publications/Publieksverslag_2006-2007_EN.pdf
Cite this Research Paper:
KLM/Air France and Social Responsibility (2011, October 28) Retrieved February 26, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/klm-air-france-and-social-responsibility-148634/
"KLM/Air France and Social Responsibility" 28 October 2011. Web. 26 February. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/klm-air-france-and-social-responsibility-148634/>