Just-in-Time Inventory and Quality Control
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the just-in-time (JIT) philosophy and how it relates to quality control. It describes how during the recent years, the JIT philosophy has been elevated to the level of a panacea for all manufacturing management problems and appears to have also found applications in many other areas. The paper discusses some of these applications.
From the Paper:"Applications of JIT purchasing systems are growing in the United States, and are being used not only as a part of standard JIT systems, but also as independent purchasing systems (Yip). These systems include delivery of required items at the right time in the right quantities, elimination of waste in the production process, and inventory control of materials and parts (Yip).
Implementation of JIT purchasing is a multi-phased process that uses both JIT purchasing characteristics and JIT inventory management principles (Yip).
The implementation strategy should involve top management commitment to establish JIT purchasing as a top priority, and should be changed to subordinate everything toward the goals of this system (Yip). Once the role of the JIT purchases is established, suppliers that can support a JIT operation must be selected, and once that is accomplished, JIT purchasing requires a continuous effort for improving the relationship between the purchaser and supplier (Yip)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Epps, Ruth W. (1995 September 22). Just-in-time inventory management: implementation of a successful program. Review of Business. Retrieved December 10 2005 from HighBeam Research Library Web site.
- Linge, G.J.R. (1991 October 01). Just-in-Time: more or less flexible? Economic Geography. Retrieved December 10 2005 from HighBeam Research Library Web site.
- Minahan, Tim. (1997 September 04). JIT: a process with many faces. Purchasing. Retrieved December 10 2005 from HighBeam Research Library Web site.
- Sersland, Daniel R. (1991 June 22). The just-in-time philosophy: a legacy of an obsession. Review of Business. Retrieved December 10 2005 from HighBeam Research Library Web site.
- Yip, Rebecca. (1996 November 01). JIT purchasing: analyzing survey results. Industrial Management. Retrieved December 10 2005 from HighBeam Research Library Web site.
Cite this Research Paper:
Just-in-Time Inventory and Quality Control (2006, December 25) Retrieved January 29, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/just-in-time-inventory-and-quality-control-91255/
"Just-in-Time Inventory and Quality Control" 25 December 2006. Web. 29 January. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/just-in-time-inventory-and-quality-control-91255/>