Is Technology Changing Us?
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses how technical innovation impacts organizational behavior, intra-relationships and interrelationships. The paper looks at how electronic media and digital communications influence our thinking processes. The paper then examines the effects of changing technology in the workplace.
From the Paper:"For instance, people today are surrounded by electronic media along with more traditional print media, and many assume that this mass of sensory input from media has an effect on the way people think. Of course, media has an influence on what we think, as the money spent on advertising indicates as companies try to influence our thinking, or as political parties try to gather support for their candidate or cause. On a deeper level, though, all this media may alter the way human begins actually to think, meaning not what they think but how. With computer technology in particular, analysts see the machine operating in imitation of human thought. The issue now is whether human thought is beginning to imitate the machine and will do so even more in the future."
Sample of Sources Used:
- About CRETV. (2004). CRETV. Retrieved June 22, 2007, from http://www.ithaca.edu/cretv/
- Carey, J. (1991). Time, space, and the telegraph. In D. J. Crowley & P. Heyer (Eds.), Communication in history: Technology, culture, society (pp. 132-137). New York: Longman.
- Chalkley, T. (1993, July 1). Technological Forecasting. The Futurist. Retrieved June 24, 2007 from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-14414081.html.
- Coates, J.F., Jarratt, J., & Mahaffie, J.B. (1991, May 1). Future work. The Futurist. Retrieved June 23, 2007, from http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-10680528.html.
- Comstock, G. & H. Paik (1991). Television and the American child. New York: Academic Press.
Cite this Research Paper:
Is Technology Changing Us? (2008, June 22) Retrieved September 19, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/is-technology-changing-us-104717/
"Is Technology Changing Us?" 22 June 2008. Web. 19 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/is-technology-changing-us-104717/>