Ignoring Gay Marriage Issues Research Paper by cee-cee
Ignoring Gay Marriage Issues
A discussion on issues surrounding gay marriage and if discrimination occurs through omission.
# 115358 | 2,728 words | 6 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Jul 17, 2009 in Hot Topics (Same-Sex Marriage)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper presents a report on research carried out together with literature reviews on the subject of gay marriage. The paper also presents an analysis relating to the gay individual, political and societal factors, and finally the factors of illegality and the impact upon children of these gay parents. This study finds that the issue of gay marriage is a highly charged emotional and religious issue and that governance of marriage between gay individuals should merely be in the form of ensuring no discrimination exists toward these individuals either in their right to marry or in any other or different form of discrimination.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Hymowitz, Kay S. (2004) Gay Marriage vs. American Marriage. 2004 Summer CITY. Online available at: http://www.city-journal.org/html/14_3_gay_marriage.html
- Same-sex marriages (SSM),(2008) Civil Unions and Domestic Partnerships. Religious Tolerance. Online available at: http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_marr.htm
- Warren, Patricia Nell (2008) Gender, Gay Marriage...and Galileo" The Bilerico Project. 6 Feb. 2008. Online available at: http://www.bilerico.com/2008/02/gender_gay_marriageand_galileo.php
- Nishimoto, Ryan (2003) Marriage Makes Cents: How Law & Economics Justifies Same-Sex Marriage" Boston Journal 2003. Online available at: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/lawreviews/meta-elements/journals/bctwj/23_2/06_FMS.htm
- Ledsham, Benjamin M. (nd) Means to Legitimate Ends: Same-Sex Marriage Through the Lens of Illegitimacy-Based Discrimination. Cardazo Law Review Vol 28:5,. Online available at: http://www.cardozolawreview.com/PastIssues/28.5_Ledsham.pdf
Cite this Research Paper:
Ignoring Gay Marriage Issues (2009, July 17) Retrieved May 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/ignoring-gay-marriage-issues-115358/
"Ignoring Gay Marriage Issues" 17 July 2009. Web. 28 May. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/ignoring-gay-marriage-issues-115358/>