Hotel Benefits Programs
A review of the benefit programs offered by the hotel industry with specific reference to the major hotel chains.
# 107148 | 4,020 words | 11 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Aug 21, 2008 in Business (Marketing) , Advertising (Industry-Specific) , Business (Consumer Behavior) , Psychology (Motivation Studies)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the incentive programs to customers offered by various leading hotel groups and highlights the positives and negatives resulting from these offers. The paper quotes comments by leading publications on the benefits of these programs, and states that true loyalty - benefit programs trust the customer rather than insisting on the customers' trust of the hotel. The paper further comments on the fact that a true loyalty program creates an asset by making the customer more attached to the brand over time.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bowen, John T., & Shoemaker, Stowe. (2003). Loyalty: a strategic commitment: building a Group of loyal customers is money in the bank for a hotel, but loyalty requires a long-term Relationship in which a hotel earns its guests' trust. Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 44.5-6, 31-54.
- Kapferer, Jean-Noel. (2005). The roots of brand loyalty decline: an international comparison, Ivey Business Journal Online, 1-6.
- Kim, Byung-Do; Shi, Mengze; & Srinivasan, Kannan. (2004). Managing capacity through Reward programs, Management Science 50.4, 503-521.
- Kivetz, Ran. (2003). The effects of effort and intrinsic motivation on risky choice, Marketing Science, 22.4, 477-504.
- Mattila, Anna S. (2006). How affective commitment boosts guest loyalty (and promotes frequent Guest programs), Cornell Hotel & Restaurant Administration Quarterly, 47.2, 174-188.
Cite this Research Paper:
Hotel Benefits Programs (2008, August 21) Retrieved August 17, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/hotel-benefits-programs-107148/
"Hotel Benefits Programs" 21 August 2008. Web. 17 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/hotel-benefits-programs-107148/>