History of Marriage in India Research Paper by hicaliber
History of Marriage in India
This paper traces the history of marriage in India, citing its religious and cultural importance.
# 94011 | 1,724 words | 7 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on Apr 18, 2007 in Anthropology (Asian) , Anthropology (Cultural) , Women Studies (Marriage)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explores the history of marriage in India, where it is viewed as a sacrament and the greatest bond between a man and a woman and between their families. The author discusses arranged marriages and the role of sexual intimacy in marriage. The paper further highlights the different outlooks on marriage between Northern India and Southern India. Also considered is the impact of other cultures in India, including Islamic and Western Culture. The author concludes that despite these cultural influences, marriage remains a sacrament in India.
Sample of Sources Used:
- About.com. Marry Go Round. About, Inc., 2006. http://hinduism.about.com/library/weekly/aa650900a.htm
- Encyclopedia of the Nations. India - Marriage. Country Data, 1995. http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-6043.html
- Family Marriage. http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-6047.html
- Stormloader. Child Marriage - Ancient India. http://www.stormloader.com/munaypata/India.htm accessed April 27, 2006
- White, James, ed. Marriage Among Indians. Claude Belanger, 2004. http://www2.marianapolis.edu/quebechistory/encyclopedia/IndianMarriage.htm
Cite this Research Paper:
History of Marriage in India (2007, April 18) Retrieved June 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/history-of-marriage-in-india-94011/
"History of Marriage in India" 18 April 2007. Web. 05 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/history-of-marriage-in-india-94011/>