History of Latin America
A examination of the emergence of independent states in Latin America.
# 93795 | 2,777 words | 9 sources | APA | 2007 |
Published on Apr 10, 2007 in History (Leaders) , History (Latin America) , Latin-American Studies (Spanish Conquest and Colonization, 1520-1820) , Latin-American Studies (Emergence of Independent States, 1820-1900)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper gives a brief yet concise history of the independence period in Latin America. This era took place in the early 19th century and was characterized by countries seeking independence from the colonial rule of Spain and Portugal. The role of the Napoleonic Wars in Europe and the American War of Independence are considered as possible influences for the Latin American quest for independence. The role of Simon Bolivar, a Latin American fighter and revolutionary, is also considered.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Becker, Marc, Latin American Chronology, Illinois State University: July 1998, http://www.ilstu.edu/class/hist127/chron.html (Internet, accessed April 11, 2006).
- Biblioteca Virtual de Simon Bolivar. El Libertador (2006). http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7609/eng/bio.html (Internet, accessed April 11, 2006).
- Hassaurek, F. How to Conduct a Latin American Revolution (1865), http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/1865hassaurek.html (Internet, accessed April 11, 2006).
- Hensel, Silke. "Was There an Age of Revolution in Latin America? New Literature on Latin American Independence." Latin American Research Review, Vol. 38, No. 3, The University of Texas Pres, October 2003: 237-249.
- Historyworld. History of Latin America (2006), An ever expanding history resource to Make history Make sense. http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?groupid=850&HistoryID=aa87 (Internet, accessed April 11, 2006).
Cite this Research Paper:
History of Latin America (2007, April 10) Retrieved August 11, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/history-of-latin-america-93795/
"History of Latin America" 10 April 2007. Web. 11 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/history-of-latin-america-93795/>