Health Care Contracts
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the different types of contracts that the health industry uses and the complexity of these contracts. It provides an overview and description of each contract including similarities and differences of each entity and type of contract used. The paper specifically looks at contracts involved in suppliers, unions, managed care and Medicaid. The paper is presented largely in point form.
Table of Contents:
Table of Contents:
From the Paper:"The healthcare industry deals with many different contracts on a daily basis just like every other industry however the healthcare industry deals with many different types of contracts and the complexity of the contracts more than any other industry. It is extremely important that every health care organization has the basic understanding and knowledge of what is required in each contract. There are many sources of liability that every healthcare organization needs to ensure they have knowledge on. The liabilities vary from organization to organization and from position to position. The use of contracts in healthcare varies greatly from those contracts with state payers, managed care organizations, employee unions to suppliers."
Sample of Sources Used:
- American Bar Association. (2001). Law and the workplace. Retrieved January 24,2009 from http://public.findlaw.com/abaflg/flg-12-1-4.html
- Boyle, P.,DuBose, E., Ellingson, S., Guinn, S., McCurdy, D. (2001). Organizational Ethics in Health Care: Principles, Cases, and Practical Solutions. Jossey-Bass.
- Henderson, T.M., Wilhide S. (October 2005). "MEDICAID: Overview and Policy Issues". American Academy of Family Physicians; Retrieved online from http://www.aafp.org/online/etc/medialib/aafp_org/documents/policy/state/medicaid-overview.Par.0001.File.tmp/stateadvocacy_MedicaidOverviewandPolicyIssues.pdf
- Holahan, Rangarajan, Schirmer (2009). "Medicaid Managed Care Payment Methods and Capitation Rates." Retrieved January 31, 2010 from http://www.urban.org/publications/309064.html
- Spitz, B., (2010). "When a Solution is not a Solution. Medicaid and Health Maintenance Organizations." The Urban Institute. Retrieved January 31, 2010 from http://jhppl.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/3/4/497
Cite this Research Paper:
Health Care Contracts (2010, February 08) Retrieved July 13, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/health-care-contracts-118572/
"Health Care Contracts" 08 February 2010. Web. 13 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/health-care-contracts-118572/>