$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides a geographical description of the Province of Galicia situated in Southern Spain. Galicia's mixed cultures and origins are discussed and Galicia's relationship with Spain is also analyzed. The history of the various political entities that have controlled Galicia is also investigated. The paper concludes with a look at Galicia as a tourist location.
From the Paper:"Galician cuisine can be characterized as simple but hearty. Along the coast, Galician meals are based around seafood. The province is a major producer of shellfish, which figure prominently. Galicians eat mussels, oysters, clams, octopus and gooseneck barnacles. Empanadas are also popular. Vegetables often come from small family plots. Potatoes are among the most common. A common hearty stew is caldo gallego. The region's signature cheese is San Simon, is a mild, smoked cow's milk cheese (Jenkins, 1996). The province has a couple of traditional wine styles. A strong liquor called orujo is made from the residue from wine production. Queimada is made from orujo, lemon peel, sugar and ground coffee (Sierra & Sierra, 2009)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- No author. (1999). History of the Galician Language. Lycos Spain. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://usuarios.lycos.es/Celtic_Galiza/galegoh.html
- No author. (2005). Galician Culture. Galicia Guide. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://www.galiciaguide.com/Culture-index.html
- No author. (2004). Galicia. Celtia.info. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://www.celtia.info/country/galicia/
- DeLopez, Marie J. (no date). Exploring Celtic Galicia. USA Garrison Hessen. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://www.usaghessen.eur.army.mil/hunion/Travel/Exploring%20Celtic%20Galicia.htm
- Sierra, Tony & Sierra, Lisa. (2009) Spanish Regional Cuisine - Galicia. About.com. Retrieved February 15, 2009 from http://spanishfood.about.com/od/spanishregionalcuisines/a/galicia.htm
Cite this Research Paper:
Experience Galicia (2010, December 19) Retrieved February 28, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/experience-galicia-146148/
"Experience Galicia" 19 December 2010. Web. 28 February. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/experience-galicia-146148/>