Essential Peter Drucker
This paper discusses society and the views of Peter Drucker while studying the book "The Essential Drucker: The Best of Sixty Years of Peter Drucker's Essential Writings on Management".
# 98628 | 3,039 words | 9 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Oct 07, 2007 in Sociology (Theory) , Business (Management) , Literature (General) , Economics (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer maintains that Peter Drucker's mostly astute views on management, individuals and society are both interesting, informative and instructive for those who have an interest in society's economic and social workings. This paper then goes on to review and analyze the views that Drucker puts forward. The writer places emphasis on Drucker's views where he may be a bit less than fully correct - or entirely out of touch with the subject, perhaps based on the fact that between the time Drucker wrote and published his views and this moment in history, events have passed him by.
From the Paper:"When it comes to churches or any nonprofit, they may be using volunteers and operating on bare-bones budgets, but the one thing they have in common is they are viable organizations, with solid structures, good communication systems, and well-managed."
"While covering the dynamics of volunteerism, Drucker does not delve into the enormous power of the corporate organization to fuel local nonprofit campaigns for social change. His discussion of organizations is most frequently based on sociology, productivity, power and political considerations. And he tends to give short shrift to the involvement of older people and their involvement in nonprofits."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Drucker, Peter F. (2001). The Essential Drucker: The Best of Sixty Years of Peter Drucker's Essential Writings on Management. New York: Harper Collins.
- Galbraith, Jay R. (2005). Designing the Customer-Centric Organization: A Guide to Strategy, Structure, and Process. San Francisco: Jossey-Boss.
- George, Barbara. (2007). Turning Dreams Reality. Netzel Associates, Inc. Web site retrieved Jan 30 2007 from http://www.netzelinc.com/outservices.
- Hanks, Tom. (2005). The Power of Four: Commencement Address. Vassar College. Retrieved 6 Feb. 2007 from http://www.vassar.edu/commencement/050522.hanks.html.
- O'Connell, Brian. (1997). Powered by Coalition: The Story of Independent Sector. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers.
Cite this Research Paper:
Essential Peter Drucker (2007, October 07) Retrieved July 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/essential-peter-drucker-98628/
"Essential Peter Drucker" 07 October 2007. Web. 02 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/essential-peter-drucker-98628/>