Dissociative Disorders Research Paper by Write Fine
A discussion on the behaviors and experiences that are associated with dissociative disorders.
# 112194 | 2,975 words | 14 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Feb 16, 2009 in Psychology (Behaviorism) , Psychology (Disorders) , Psychology (Therapies)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses dissociative disorders and the types of behavior that are associated with dissociative disorders. The paper first provides a short history on mental illnesses and defines dissociative disorders. The paper then addresses the diagnostic methods for dissociative disorders and also the syndromes that might surface. In addition, the paper gives several examples of dissociative disorders such as dissociative fugue, depersonalization disorder and dissociative identity disorder. The paper also discusses several treatment methods for dissociative disorders.
Sample of Sources Used:
- All Psych and Heffner Media Group, Inc. Introduction and History of Mental Illness. Retrieved 27 April, 2008, from website: http://allpsych.com/psychology101/psychopathology.html. Last updated 21 March, 2004.
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. Fourth Edition. Text Revision. Washington, DC: APA Press; 2000:519-33.
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (2007, April 4). Selective Amnesia: How A Traumatic Memory Can Be Wiped Out. ScienceDaily. Retrieved April 28, 2008, from http://www.sciencedaily.com /releases/2007/04/070402102218.htm
- Eisendrath, Stuart J. "Psychiatric Disorders." In Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, 1998, edited by Stephen McPhee, et al., 37th ed. Stamford: Appleton Lange, 1997.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Published on December, 2002 by the Gale. health-cares.net (2005). "What is Dissociative Amnesia?" Retrieved 28 April, 2008, from website: http://neurology.health-cares.net/dissociative-amnesia.php. Page last updated 18 July, 2005.
Cite this Research Paper:
Dissociative Disorders (2009, February 16) Retrieved June 07, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/dissociative-disorders-112194/
"Dissociative Disorders" 16 February 2009. Web. 07 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/dissociative-disorders-112194/>