Cultural Competent Care
An analysis of four of the fourteen mandates, by the Office of Minority Health and the three initial standards designated as culturally competent care standards.
# 97135 | 1,172 words | 6 sources | MLA | 2007 |
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the current trend in health care to establish systems that are open and receptive to cultural diversity. It mentions the list of fourteen standards, by the Office of Minority Health, that are either mandated or strongly suggested for designation as a culturally competent provider. The paper focuses on discussing four of these mandates and the three initial standards designated as culturally competent care standards.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2003) Oral, Linguistic, and Culturally Competent Services: Guides for Managed Care Plans., Rockville, MD. at: http://www.ahrq.gov/about/cods/cultcomp.htm
- Bohon, S. A. (2005). Occupational Attainment of Latino Immigrants in the United States. The Geographical Review, 95(2), 249.
- Cetron, M. J., & Davies, O. (2005, March/April). Trends Now Shaping the Future: Economic, Societal, and Environmental Trends. The Futurist, 39, 27.
- US Department of Health and Human Services, (2007) Office of Minority Health National Standards on Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) at: http://www.omhrc.gov/clas/.
- Heuberger, B., Gerber, D., & Anderson, R. (1999). Strength through Cultural Diversity. College Teaching, 47(3), 107.
Cite this Research Paper:
Cultural Competent Care (2007, July 23) Retrieved July 10, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/cultural-competent-care-97135/
"Cultural Competent Care" 23 July 2007. Web. 10 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/cultural-competent-care-97135/>