Corrections in the United States
An exploration of the current trends, innovations and the future of corrections in the United States and abroad.
# 112677 | 2,819 words | 13 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Mar 04, 2009 in Criminology (Juvenile Justice) , Criminology (Criminal Justice and Corrections) , Gender and Sexuality (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper offers a personal perspective on the future of corrections in the United States, overviews the major problems in the current system and presents a series of recommended specific actions to resolve these major problems. The paper assesses the future trends and innovations in privatization, parole and probation, community corrections, dealing with increasing numbers of juvenile and female offenders as well as coping with overcrowded jails and prisons. The paper also provides an analysis of innovations used in foreign countries and asserts that the United States should take such steps today before it dooms yet another generation of Americans to life behind bars.
Review and Discussion
Review and Discussion
Sample of Sources Used:
- About CCA. (2008). Corrections Corporation of America. [Online]. Available: http://www. correctionscorp.com/about/.
- Brocato, J. & Wagner, E. F. (2003). Harm reduction: A social work practice model and social justice agenda. Health and Social Work, 28(2), 117.
- Camp, S. D. and Daggett, D. M. (2005). Evaluation of the Taft Demonstration Project: Performance of a private-sector prison and the BOP. Federal Bureau of Prisons. [Online]. Available: http://www.bop.gov/news/research_projects/published_reports/ pub_vs_priv/orelappin2005.pdf.
- CCA. (2008). Corrections Corp. of America (CXW). [Online]. Available: http://finance. yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CXW.
- Cochrane, J., Melville, G. & Marsh, I. (2004). Criminal justice: An introduction to philosophies, theories and practice. London: Routledge.
Cite this Research Paper:
Corrections in the United States (2009, March 04) Retrieved October 19, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/corrections-in-the-united-states-112677/
"Corrections in the United States" 04 March 2009. Web. 19 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/corrections-in-the-united-states-112677/>