Community College Success Programs Research Paper by cee-cee
Community College Success Programs
This paper explores the challenges facing Hispanic students within the current community college system.
# 107842 | 3,080 words | 11 sources | APA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 15, 2008 in Education (Higher) , Ethnic Studies (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides a review of literature that details successful practices for the improvement of the educational attainment of Hispanic students in the community college environment. The paper seeks to understand successful programs in the earlier grades, as successful preparation is often the key to success for any student seeking higher education. The paper also shows the testing and financial trends in colleges that present major barriers to the Hispanic population. The paper suggests that the answer may lay in specific cultural resource offerings from outside sources such as additional family and peer/mentor support that can make the difference in these students' academic success.
Review of Literature
Review of Literature
Sample of Sources Used:
- Baltimore, L. (1995). Collaboratives: Helping Hispanic students succeed. Thought & Action, 11, pp. 67-85.
- Byrd, K. L., & Macdonald, G. (2005). Defining College Readiness from the Inside Out: First-Generation College Student Perspectives. Community College Review, 33(1), 22.
- Chavez, L. (1991). Out of the Barrio: Toward a New Politics of Hispanic Assimilation. New York: Basic Books.
- Dembo, M. H. (2000). Motivation and Learning Strategies for College Success A Self-Management Approach. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Guerin-Gonzales, C. (1994). Mexican Workers and American Dreams: Immigration, Repatriation, and California Farm Labor, 1900-1939. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
Cite this Research Paper:
Community College Success Programs (2008, September 15) Retrieved June 07, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/community-college-success-programs-107842/
"Community College Success Programs" 15 September 2008. Web. 07 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/community-college-success-programs-107842/>