Children's Heart Disease
An analysis of the need for prevention of heart disease that begins during childhood.
# 108643 | 3,405 words | 12 sources | MLA | 2008 |
Published on Oct 20, 2008 in Medical and Health (Medical Studies) , Medical and Health (Nutrition and Exercise) , Medical and Health (Public Health Issues) , Child, Youth Issues (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses heart disease in children. It first looks at the improved technology in detecting and treating heart disease in children. In then looks at the fact that children who are obese or at risk for obesity show early signs of heart disease similar to obese adults with heart disease. The paper focuses on the need for prevention and treatment of heart disease that begins during childhood.
Sample of Sources Used:
- American Heart Association. Congenital Heart Defects Fact Sheet. 25/10/2007 http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=12012
- Ennis, Heather. New procedure little help for babies with lethal heart condition Medical Post. 41.9 (2005): 19
- Lorch SM, Sharkey A. Myocardial Velocity, Strain, and Strain Rate Abnormalities in Healthy Obese Children. Journal of Cardiometabolic Syndrome.2.1 (2007) 30-34.
- MacNeil, Jane Salodof Improved imaging tracks congenital heart disease: new tools allow physicians to image the heart and other structures in small pediatric patients. Pediatric News 40.5 (2006): 52
- Michals-Matalon, K., et al. Nutrient Intake and Congenital Heart Defects in Maternal Phenylketonuria. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 187 (2002) 441-444.
Cite this Research Paper:
Children's Heart Disease (2008, October 20) Retrieved April 02, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/children-heart-disease-108643/
"Children's Heart Disease" 20 October 2008. Web. 02 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/children-heart-disease-108643/>