Childhood Obesity and Nutrition
This paper explores contemporary treatment programs for childhood obesity.
# 98090 | 3,896 words | 37 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Sep 07, 2007 in Medical and Health (Nutrition and Exercise) , Nutrition (Food) , Nutrition (Exercise) , Medical and Health (Eating Disorders) , Child, Youth Issues (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper clarifies the pros and cons of the most prevalent treatments being used by today's medical professionals. The paper reviews screening procedures as well as the treatment models being used for individuals, groups, in communities and schools. This includes medical assessments, education, individual behavioral therapy and family inclusive intervention and education programs as the types of programs effective in addressing the treatment and prevention of childhood obesity.
Review of Literature
Review of Literature
Sample of Sources Used:
- American Dietetic Association and American Diabetes Association.(1995) Exchange lists for weight management. Rev. ed. Chicago and Alexandria, Va.: The Associations, 1995.
- Barness L, ed. (1993) Pediatric nutrition handbook. 3d ed. Elk Grove Village, Ill.: American Academy of Pediatrics, 1993.
- Berenson GS, Srinivasan SR, Wattigney WA, Harsha DW.(1993) Obesity and cardiovascular risk in children. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1993;699:93-103.
- Braet C, Mervielde I, Vandereycken W. (1997)Psychological aspects of childhood obesity: a controlled study in a clinical and nonclinical sample. J Pediatr Psychol 1997;22:59-71.
- C. L. Ogden and K. M. Flegal, "Prevalence and Trends in Overweight among U.S. Children and Adolescents,1999-2000," Journal of the American Medical Association 288 (2002): 1728-32; R. P. Troiano and K.
Cite this Research Paper:
Childhood Obesity and Nutrition (2007, September 07) Retrieved September 28, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/childhood-obesity-and-nutrition-98090/
"Childhood Obesity and Nutrition" 07 September 2007. Web. 28 September. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/childhood-obesity-and-nutrition-98090/>