Canada and the Middle East
This paper explores Canada's contributions towards the struggles in the Middle East and the Middle East peace process.
# 99012 | 2,060 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2006 |
Published on Oct 28, 2007 in History (Middle Eastern) , Canadian Studies (Government and Government Policy) , Canadian Studies (Military, Peace-Keeping) , International Relations (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses Canada's involvement, past and present, in the conflicts in the Middle East relative to other nations. The paper details the numerous conflicts in the Middle East over the years. The paper explores the contributions of other nations towards the Middle East peace process and demonstrates how the contributions of Canada, unlike many other nations, are effective, but silent.
From the Paper:"Past and present, the Middle East has been in a constant state of chaos, involving nations worldwide. Progressing negatively with no major improvement, many third parties, alongside the Arab nations, have put forth constant efforts, despite many failures, in an attempt to restore the Middle East to its once peaceful state. The active contributions by many nations, including the United States of America, and the Soviet Union, have been witnessed and recognized worldwide. The contributions of Canada, unlike the many other nations, are effective, but silent."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bard, Mitchell G., The Complete Idiot's Guide to Middle East Conflict, USA: Pearson Education Inc., 2002, p. 181
- Ismael, Tareq Y, Canada and the Middle East, Calgary: Detselig Enterprises Ltd., 1993, p. 30.
- Lester Bowles Pearson - Biography, 14 April 2005, <http://nobelprize.org/peace/laureates/1957/pearson-bio.html>
- Middle East Peace Process: Camp Canada, Government of Canada, 20 August 2004. <http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/middle_east/peaceprocess/CDACAMP-en.asp>
- Multicultural Programs - Crisis in Sudan, Government of Canada, 21 March 2006. <http://www.acdi-cida.gc.ca/cida_ind.nsf/AllDocIds/3DA49BA3069A42285256E9400497OE7?OpenDocument>
Cite this Research Paper:
Canada and the Middle East (2007, October 28) Retrieved May 29, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/canada-and-the-middle-east-99012/
"Canada and the Middle East" 28 October 2007. Web. 29 May. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/canada-and-the-middle-east-99012/>