Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The writer looks at several articles that explore the causes, diagnosis and treatment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The writer calls for better education for teachers and for general practitioners so that they will be able to differentiate between those children who are merely hyperactive from those who have ADHD. The paper includes the articles as appendages to the paper.
From the Paper:"ADHD, while it is recognized as being more prevalent than ever before, is still one of the most unrecognized and often misdiagnosed brain malfunctions. There are still some- especially teachers- who seem to believe that children with ADHD simply have discipline problems. But, ADHD is a disease and it is treatable. However, while treatments may vary, it is important for parents to understand that trying to treat their children without proper medical guidance is not only a mistake, but can lead to addictions and other problems caused by the wrong or too much medication. Ritalin, for example, is one drug that tends to be over-prescribed and, even if properly prescribed, may be over-used by parents when they feel doubling a dose might calm their children."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Diller, Lawrence: "The Ritalin Wars Continue" Western Journal of Medicine, Dec. 2000
- Reichert, Jennifer: "Class Action Suits Target Ritalin" Washington D.C.: Trial. Dec 2000. Vol. 36, Iss. 13;
- Lampert, Allison: "Hijacking of debate over Ritalin is feared' Quebec Canada: The Gazette, June 8, 2006
- Travell, Chris and Visser, John :"Assessing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.(Proven Practice)." Community Care 99 (Feb 21, 2008): NA. General OneFile. Gale. Los Angeles Public Library. 29 Mar. 2008
- No author listed: "About ADHD" . www.focusonadhd.com
Cite this Research Paper:
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2010, April 13) Retrieved September 15, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-119253/
"Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder" 13 April 2010. Web. 15 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-119253/>