$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the benefits of archaeology to the scientific and academic communities, as well as its ability to question previous historical paradigms related to the earliest dates of settlement in a given region, or the evolution and migration of early hominids. The paper gives some examples of famous archaeological finds, discussing in particular, the Kennewick Man and the effects that its discovery has had on our previous knowledge of history.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Ferguson, T. J. (1996). Native Americans and the practice of archaeology. Annual Review of Anthropology. 25.
- "Grave Injustice." (2004). Reason. 36(3). July 2004.
- Menon, S. (1997). The people of the bog. Discover. 18. Aug 1997.
- Miller, J.J. (1997). Bones of contention. Reason. 29. Oct. 1997.
- Soave, S. (1997). Native American collections in the age of NAGPRA. Art New England 18(13) Apr/May 1997.
Cite this Research Paper:
Archaeology (2007, March 20) Retrieved October 15, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/archaeology-93498/
"Archaeology" 20 March 2007. Web. 15 October. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/archaeology-93498/>