A Short History of Architecture
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper the author presents a brief history of Western architecture, highlighting the major epochs in European architecture, and modern architecture in the US. The paper further discusses the function of architectural space, its use and its aesthetic. Various architectural techniques and their historical development are analyzed. The paper concludes with an an examination of modern architects, including Frank Lloyd Wright, whose designs are considered a culmination of the works that preceded him.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Benevolo, Leonardo. History of Modern Architecture, Volume 1. Boston: MIT Press, 1978.
- Copplestone, Trewin. World Architecture: An Illustrated History. London: Hamlyn Press, 1972.
- Curtis, William J.R. Modern Architecture Since 1900. New York: Phaidon Press, 1996.
- Dixon, Roger and Stefan Muthesius. Victorian Architecture: With a Short Dictionary of Architects. London: Thames & Hudson, 1985.
- Gympel, Jan. The Story of Architecture. Columbia, NY: Konemann, 1996.
Cite this Research Paper:
A Short History of Architecture (2007, May 31) Retrieved October 24, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/research-paper/a-short-history-of-architecture-95758/
"A Short History of Architecture" 31 May 2007. Web. 24 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/research-paper/a-short-history-of-architecture-95758/>