William Blake and "The Tyger"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses the Romantic poet William Blake and one of his most famous poems, "The Tyger." The writer explains how Blake's artistic talent led to him becoming an engraver, and how his technique of stereotype printing enabled him to produce his books himself. In analyzing "The Tyger," from Blake's "Songs of Innocence and Experience," the writer notes that it is necessary to keep its companion poem, "The Lamb," in mind as well. "The Tyger" is a poem of many levels and more questions than answers, and the writer finds that its scope is enormous because it makes its readers think of life, the world, God, nature, the universe, and themselves all at once. This intensity and immensity is characteristic of Romantic poetry.
From the Paper:"Blake's poetry is strong and confrontational - he is a poet that makes us want to think about things. He especially wanted us to think about God and what we thought him to be. His poems of innocence and experience provide two sides of God and man to us and leave us with plenty of food for thought. "The Tyger" is one of Blake's most celebrated poems because it forces us to consider the greatness of God along with his fierceness. The poem is successful because it makes us think about the questions without providing a clear-cut answer."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Baine, William and Mary. "William Blake Overview." EBSCO Resource Database. <http://search.ebscohost.com> Site Accessed April 18, 2008.
- Blake, William. "The Tyger." The Norton Anthology of English Literature. M. H. Abrams, ed. New York: W. W. Norton and Company. 1986. p.41.
- Furr, Derek. "An Overview of the Tyger." GALE Resource Database. <http://galenet.galegroup.com> Site Accessed April 19, 2008.
- Alan Richardson, "William Blake." GALE Resource Database. <http://galenet.galegroup.com> Site Accessed April 19, 2008.
- Reinhart, Charles. "William Blake." GALE Resource Database. <http://galenet.galegroup.com> Site Accessed April 19, 2008.
Cite this Poem Review:
William Blake and "The Tyger" (2008, August 17) Retrieved December 05, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/poem-review/william-blake-and-the-tyger-106908/
"William Blake and "The Tyger"" 17 August 2008. Web. 05 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/poem-review/william-blake-and-the-tyger-106908/>