Web-Based Learning Resources
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper looks at web-based learning's advantages over other, more conventional, educational methods and environments. The paper also discusses educational theories that support the efficacy of web-based learning methods and environments, namely, the constructivist and cooperative or collaborative learning theories. The paper concludes that from a theoretical as well as practical point of view, web-based learning is a useful addition to learning models and activities.
From the Paper:"While initially there were reservations about the efficacy of this form of learning, these doubts has been to a large extent ameliorated by developments in technology and presentation, as well as increased interaction, which has made web-based learning more acceptable in many fields and subjects. Recent theories that have emerged about the effectiveness of Web-based learning are also taken into account in this discussion
"Web-based learning has a number of obvious advantages over other more conventional educational methods and environments. In the first instance, the learner or pupil can learn at his or her own pace. This is an aspect that is also mentioned positively by some theorists. Secondly, a major advantage is that Web-based learning does away with time constraints as it can be available online twenty-four hours a day. Furthermore, this method of teaching is more easily 'tailored" or customized to suit the individual needs of the learner. Different learning styles can also be accommodated in this environment. (Rugg Gunn, 2008)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Constructivism is a theory of learning, not a teaching method or approach." Retrieved November 3, 2008 from http://sarahpuglisi.blogspot.com/2006/10/constructivism-is-theory-of-learning.html
- Cooperative & Collaborative Learning. Retrieved November 3, 2008 from http://www.studygs.net/cooplearn.htm
- Nam C. ( 2007) Web-Based Learning Environment: A Theory-Based Design Process for Development and Evaluation. Journal of Information Technology Education, Vol. 6. Retrieved November 3, 2008 from http://jite.org/documents/Vol6/JITEv6p023 043Nam145.pdf.
- Graham C. at al. ( 2000) Teaching in a Web Based Distance Learning Environment. Retrieved November 3, 2008 fromhttp://crlt.indiana.edu/publications/crlt00 13.pdf.
- McKimm et al. ABC of learning and teaching: Web based learning. Retrieved November 3, 2008 from' http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/326/7394/870.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Web-Based Learning Resources (2010, July 12) Retrieved October 19, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/web-based-learning-resources-128329/
"Web-Based Learning Resources" 12 July 2010. Web. 19 October. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/web-based-learning-resources-128329/>