$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer notes that when President George W. Bush leaves office after the 2008 U.S. Presidential Elections, he would be leaving behind a legacy to the American nation not only of his own but his father and the Republican Party's as well. The writer argues that, despite negative publicity, the legacy of the Bushes and the Republican Party served to strengthen the nation. The writer also maintains that it is a pity that we have a Democrat- run congress at present. But in a democracy such as ours, it is a good thing because having a Republican-sitting President and a Democrat-led congress serve as check-and-balance to each other. The writer argues that in the next election, we have to maintain this status quo. The writer concludes that it is important to elect a Republican to hold the highest seat of the land to maintain this check-and-balance so America will always be the America we all love and cherish - America, the good, the just and the free.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Hallstrom, David. "Republicans Versus Democrats." EzineArticles. 03 October 2006. 18 November 2007 <http://ezinearticles.com/?Republicans-Versus-Democrats&id=317520>.
- Republican Party. Republican vs. Democrat: A Huge Difference. 2007. 18 November 2007. <http://www.gadsdengop.com/rep-v-dem.php>.
- Rutenberg, Jim. "Said That vs. Meant This, a Hot Matchup for '08." The New York Times. 04 November 2007. 18 November 2007. <http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/weekinreview/04rutenberg.html?ref=weekinreview&pagewanted=all>.
- Tumulty, Karen. "Only 648 Days Until the Election!" Time Magazine. 25 January 2007. 18 November 2007. <http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1582317,00.html>.
- The Votemaster. Potential Presidential Candidates for 2008. 15 November 2007. 18 November 2007. <http://www.electoral-vote.com/evp2007/Pres/pres_races.html
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Voting Republican (2008, November 30) Retrieved April 07, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/voting-republican-109429/
"Voting Republican" 30 November 2008. Web. 07 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/voting-republican-109429/>