To War! For Safety, Security and Future
A persuasive essay in the form of a newspaper article, written in mid-late 1917 discussing the reasons that America should join World War I.
# 96072 | 797 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Jun 21, 2007 in English (Creative Writing) , History (U.S. World Wars) , History (European - World Wars)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper is written in the form of a newspaper article, written in mid-late 1917. It is a persuasive piece discussing the reasons that America should join in the fight in World War I. It discusses briefly the history of the time period and what the United States' interest in the war was. The article concludes with the opinion that the only option for America, was war on the side of Great Britain and her allies.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Marshall, S.L.A. (1982). The American heritage history of World War I. New York: American Heristage / Bonanza Books.
- Peace rejected, will fight on, says Chancellor; Germany stronger than when first offer was made, he tells Reichstag. (1916, June 6). The New York Times, p. 1-2.
- Smith, P. (1985). America enters the world" A people's progressive era and World War I (Vol. 7). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Wilson, W. (1985). Wilson's Address to the Senate, January 22, 1917. In Paul M. Angle (Ed.), By these words: Great Documents of American liberty, selected and placed in their contemporary settings (pp. 322-328). New York: Rand McNally.
- Zimmerman Telegram, 24 February 1917 [to German Ambassador to Mexico] (2003). In American Decades. Ed. McConnell, Tandy. Detroit: Gale.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
To War! For Safety, Security and Future (2007, June 21) Retrieved December 12, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/to-war-for-safety-security-and-future-96072/
"To War! For Safety, Security and Future" 21 June 2007. Web. 12 December. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/to-war-for-safety-security-and-future-96072/>