The Need for Education Reform Persuasive Essay by winterbaby
The Need for Education Reform
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper argues that the United States is failing to provide a quality education for all of its school-attending students. The paper presents the Utopia School District as a model school district that provides a comprehensive and supportive education to all students with innovative approaches that meet the needs of those in general and special education. The paper goes on to detail the educational reforms that have been implemented in this district that include small-sized schools, personalized instruction, a fully trained staff of professionals, a comprehensive curriculum and the collaboration of parents and families.
Assessment and Identification
Assessment and Identification
From the Paper:"Utopia School District holds it students and families to high expectations. All students residing within the district may attend, and those outside of the district may apply provided there is available space. Once a student applies and is accepted he may remain in the district until graduation without a need to re-apply. All administration, specialists, and teachers are highly qualified; Master's degrees or higher are expected; preliminary or clear credentials in area of specialization is the minimal requirement. The district provides funding for those who wish to continue their learning or pursue a National Board Certification. All personnel must go through an evaluation procedure every other year to ensure that students have the highest quality of educator. All families/parents are required to attend individual parent/teacher conferences four times a year and at least one adult family member must give one day of volunteer time per semester. Communication is an important element in Utopia School District; it helps ensure that students are receiving the best possible education and support."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Byrnes, M. A. (ed.). (2011). Taking sides: Clashing views in special education, 5th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Darling-Hammond, L. (2010). The flat world and education: How America's commitment to equity will determine our future. New York, N.Y.: Teachers College Press.
- Duncan, A. (2010, March 15). Reform, accountability, and leading from the local level. Speech at National League of Cities' Congressional City Conference. Washington, D.C.
- Elements of Effective Practice. (2003). Retrieved March 30, 2013.20http://www.americaspromise.org/~/media/Files/Resources/Elements%20of%20Effective%20Practice%20%28PDF%29.ashx.
- Cuny-Miller, K. (2011). Children's fine art series. Retrieved March 1, 2013. http://childrensfineartseries.org/info.htm.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
The Need for Education Reform (2013, August 21) Retrieved June 10, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-need-for-education-reform-153662/
"The Need for Education Reform" 21 August 2013. Web. 10 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-need-for-education-reform-153662/>