The Danger of Pollution
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper maintains that we must find the ultimate solution to air pollution as it affects millions of citizens every day. The paper explains that air pollution can cause diseases such as emphysema, asthma and other respiratory ailments. The paper presents solutions that can include actions on an individual or company level, for example, purchasing alternative fuel vehicles. The writer's recommendation is that government, companies and individuals all should work together to bring about cleaner air. The writer notes that the solutions mentioned have been proven effective and should continue to be enforced in order to enhance the air we breathe and our lives in general.
From the Paper:"A recent experiment was conducted on air pollution and its effects on children in regards to contracting diabetes, with some startling results. The study had as its hypothesis that; "over the past decade, there has been a worldwide largely unexplained increase in the incidence of type 1 diabetes in young children" (Hathout 81). The study explored the quantitative role of exposure to air pollutants and how those specific air pollutants affected the development of type 1 diabetes in children. The results of the study showed that "odds ratio (OR) was significantly high for cumulative exposure to ambient ozone (O3) and sulfate (SO 4) in cases compared to controls" (Hathout 81)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Colls, Jeremy. Air Pollution, an Introduction. London: E&FN Spon, 1997
- Cross, Frank L. Jr. Handbook on Air Pollution Control. Westport: Technomic Publication, 1973
- DuPuis, E. Melanie. Smoke and Mirrors: the politics and culture of air pollution. New York: New York University Press, 2004
- Hathout, Eba H. "Air Pollution and type 1 Diabetes in Children." Pediatric Diabetes Vol 7 Issue 2 (2006) pg 81.
- Parker, Dr. Homer H, P.E. Air Pollution. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1977
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
The Danger of Pollution (2007, February 12) Retrieved August 08, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-danger-of-pollution-92052/
"The Danger of Pollution" 12 February 2007. Web. 08 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-danger-of-pollution-92052/>