$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper argues that global warming is occurring at a fast pace and that our lifestyle must change in order to slow and reverse its effects before it's too late. The paper reveals that one of the root causes is America's industries and the absence of decent political regulation over these industries, but also claims that the public is to blame for allowing and giving in to an unsustainable lifestyle. The paper discusses how many Americans have taken little interest in past decades in ways of living that cut down on excess, expense and environmental abuse.
From the Paper:"At this point in the history of our species, it has become essential to consider the very like and increasingly urgent consequences of our mistreatment of the environment, our destruction of the earth's natural bounties and our consumption of its resources. Within the scientific and public discussions, there is an unmistakable tone of pessimism about the coming ecological circumstances. The scenarios that are claimed in various discussions of global warming, or global climate change, suggest that without a dramatic change in the way we live and consume, humanity will face a very bleak environmental future."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Friedman, T. (2008). Hot, Flat, and Crowded. Macmillan Press.
- Gore, A. (2006). An Inconvenient Truth. Paramount Classics. Online at http://www.climatecrisis.net/thescience/
- Rothschild, D.D. (2007). The Live Earth Global Warming Survival Handbook: 77 Essential Skills to Stop Climate Change--Or Live Through It. Rodale Press.
- Smith, D. (2006). Rapid Climate Change Report. Lloyds 360 Risk Project.
- Vedantam, S. (2005). Kyoto Treaty Takes Effect Today. Washington Post.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
The Causes of Global Warming (2010, November 28) Retrieved April 21, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-causes-of-global-warming-145772/
"The Causes of Global Warming" 28 November 2010. Web. 21 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-causes-of-global-warming-145772/>