The Canada Health Act and Medicare System
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The primary thesis of this research is that the Canada Health Act should be implemented through an improvement of community engagement, primarily by providing resources for a community-based hiring outreach initiative. The paper argues that this serves as the best way to help the disenfranchised rural populations, isolated elderly demographics and disadvantaged communities realize the promise of universal healthcare proposed by Canadian society. The paper provides recommendations that consider the primary factors in determining the best course of improvement in personal coverage, healthcare staffing and facility access.
From the Paper:"Beyond that, the impetus for the endorsement of such an Act comes from the argument that there are still quite a few regards in which the Canadian government has fallen short of its lofty ambitions. The difficulty of insuring healthcare for all Canadians is revealed by the practical challenges to the equality which is here sought, which speak to a set of populations that are particularly vulnerable to treatment or payment inaccessibility. Most particularly among them are the elderly and those living in Canada's many remote rural areas. Often, these two demographic qualities are incidental to one another. Additional issues relate to Canada's increasing ethnic diversity, which may be attributed to immigration patterns chiefly and which have direct correlation to socioeconomic conditions as well."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Badgley, R.F. (1991). Social and economic disparities under Canadian health care. International Journal of Health Services, 21(4), 673-680.
- Canada's Health Care System (HCSC). (2008). Health Care System. Health Canada.
- Canadian Women's Health Network (CWHN). (2001). Women, diversity and access to Health Care in Atlantic Canada: A Preliminary Perspective. High Beam Research.
- Ozcurumez, S. & Wylie, L. A. (2008). Integrating Diversity in Canadian Health Care Systems: Strategies in Quebec and BC. ISA's 49th ANNUAL CONVENTION, BRIDGING MULTIPLE DIVIDES, Online at http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p252007_index.html
- Quan, K. (2006). Canada's Medicare System. Suite 101. Online at http://healthfieldmedicare.suite101.com/article.cfm/canada_s_medicare_system
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
The Canada Health Act and Medicare System (2011, October 29) Retrieved January 27, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-canada-health-act-and-medicare-system-148668/
"The Canada Health Act and Medicare System" 29 October 2011. Web. 27 January. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/the-canada-health-act-and-medicare-system-148668/>