Preventing Obesity and Drug Abuse
This paper focuses on two American cultural experiences of obesity and drug and alcohol abuse.
# 115688 | 2,425 words | 8 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Aug 08, 2009 in Communication (Television) , Medical and Health (Nutrition and Exercise) , Psychology (Alcohol and Drugs) , Child, Youth Issues (Teen, Adult Issues) , Nutrition (General)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper examines childhood obesity and how it has been associated with the increased use of technology such as television and computer use. The writer asserts that to create a change in our culture there must be a change in the manner in which children are taught about healthy choices. Interventions for children with regard to media viewing and for adolescents in regard to drug and alcohol prevention programs are proposed in the paper.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Anderson, Patricia M., and Kristin F. Butcher. "Childhood Obesity: Trends and Potential Causes." The Future of Children 16.1 (2006): 19.
- Benson, P. L., Leffert, N., Scales, P. C., & Blyth, D. A. (1998). Beyond the "Village" Rhetoric: Creating Healthy Communities for Children and Adolescents. Personality and Social Psychology Review, 2(3), 138-159.
- Caprio, Sonia. "Treating Child Obesity and Associated Medical Conditions." The Future of Children 16.1 (2006): 209.
- Cawley, John. "Markets and Childhood Obesity Policy." The Future of Children 16.1 (2006): 69.
- Christakis, Dimitri A., Michelle M. Garrison, and Frederick J. Zimmerman. "Television Viewing in Child Care Programs: A National Survey." Communication Reports 19.2 (2006): 111.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Preventing Obesity and Drug Abuse (2009, August 08) Retrieved March 01, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/preventing-obesity-and-drug-abuse-115688/
"Preventing Obesity and Drug Abuse" 08 August 2009. Web. 01 March. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/preventing-obesity-and-drug-abuse-115688/>