Preventing Global Warming
A persuasive essay for all mankind to work to prevent the furthering of the global warming phenomenon.
# 116383 | 952 words | 5 sources | APA | 2009 |
Published on Sep 21, 2009 in Environmental Studies (Economics and Policy) , Environmental Studies (Environmental Problems) , Hot Topics (Global Warming)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this paper, the writer presents an argument, written from the perspective of the acting Director of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), to work towards more effective prevention of global warming. The writer encourages all countries of the world to support all forms of environmental protection. The United States is specifically urged to join the Kyoto Protocol and help combat the environmental destruction caused by the emissions of humanity. The writer emphasizes how global warming is a real issue and we must work to prevent and slow the rate of environmental degradation.
From the Paper:"I strongly encourage all countries of the world to support all forms of environmental protection, including but not limited to pollution control and reduction measures, and the use and research of clean energy. Alongside this general recommendation is one strongly urging the United States of America to join the Kyoto Protocol in its combating of the environmental destruction caused by the emissions of humanity. Through the combined effort of the international community in the fighting of this problem, as will be discussed, the world will be maintained and made a safer place for the children of tomorrow."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Kinney, Joe (2003). "Addressing Global Warming" Environmental Health Perspectives. 111.3, p A144.
- Nordhaus, William D (2001). "Global Warming Economics" Science. 294.5545, p1283-1284.
- Schmidt, Charles W (2000). "The Kyoto Protocol: Just a Lot of Hot Air?" Environmental Health Perspectives. 108.8, p A362-A365.
- Solomon, Barry D.; Adler, Michael J (1990). "Global Warming" Science. 247.4943, p620.
- "Climate Change." U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Accessed 17 April 2007. < http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/basicinfo.html>
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Preventing Global Warming (2009, September 21) Retrieved July 03, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/preventing-global-warming-116383/
"Preventing Global Warming" 21 September 2009. Web. 03 July. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/preventing-global-warming-116383/>