Love Does Exist
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer presents an argument that love does exist. The writer accomplishes this task by first providing an overview of some of the major theories and research findings regarding the existence of love. Then, different types of love are briefly described, with major emphasis on romantic love. The writer demonstrates the existence of this type of love by showing that it is exists independently from other types of love, and by briefly addressing its history. The essay concludes with an assessment of the difficulty of analyzing and precisely defining the phenomenon of love.
From the Paper:"The fact that it is possible to pinpoint the origins of romantic love further supports the argument that love does exist. Analysis of the origins of romantic love clearly shows that this is a real phenomenon that exists in certain situations (such as the modern times) and does not exist in other situations (such as pre-modern times).
Finally, the issue of the difficulty of defining and analyzing love needs to be addressed. While this paper clearly demonstrates that love does exist, it also acknowledges that precise description and analysis of this subject is a challenging task."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brown, N. & Amatea, E. (2000). Love and intimate relationships: Perspectives on Intimacy in Psychology. U.S.: Psychology Press.
- Fischer, H. et.al.(2006). The evolution of romance. Harvard Mental Health Letter, March: 6-7.
- Kanemasa, Y. et.al.(2004). Love styles and romantic love experiences in Japan. Social Behavior and Personality, 32(3):265-282.
- Lantz, H. (1982). Romantic love in the pre-modern period: A sociological commentary. Journal of Social History, 15(3):349-370.
- Rose, S. (2004). Spiritual love: Questioning the unquestionable. Journal of Contemporary Religion, 19(2): 205-217.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Love Does Exist (2010, February 07) Retrieved June 20, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/love-does-exist-118562/
"Love Does Exist" 07 February 2010. Web. 20 June. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/love-does-exist-118562/>