J.K. Rowling and "Harry Potter"
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper describes how Rowling suffered many hardships in her personal life that are reflected in the life lessons imparted in the "Harry Potter" series. The paper also discusses how this series has brought to light the issue of book banning, because of its theme of witchcraft. The paper opines that the "Harry Potter" series provides many valuable life lessons for children, and ultimately, has the most positive impact of encouraging children to read.
From the Paper:"As mentioned, Rowling's personal struggles can be seen in the art of her writing. The "birth" of Harry Potter occurred on a delayed train ride from Manchester to London. Unable to find a working pen and too shy to ask a stranger to borrow one, Rowling let the idea of Harry grow in her mind for those four hours. By that evening, when she returned home, she began to write Philosopher's Stone. Tragically, on December 30th, 1990, Rowling's mother passed away, at the young age of forty-five, forever changing Rowling and Harry ("Biography")."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Akbar, A. 20 Jan 2007. Rowling Ranked the Second Richest Woman in Global Entertainment. The Independent. December 4, 2008 <http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_/ai_n17146785>.
- Biography. 2008. J.K. Rowling. December 4, 2008. <http://www.jkrowling.com/en/>.
- Georgia Mom Seeks Ban on Harry Potter. 4 Oct. 2006. MSNBC. December 4, 2008 <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15127464/>.
- Harry Potter Sales Break Another Record. 2 Aug 2007. CNN. December 4, 2008 <http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/02/news/companies/harry_potter/index.htm>.
- JK Rowling Considered Suicide While Suffering from Depression Before Writing 'Harry Potter'. 23 Mar 2008. Fox News. December 4, 2008 <http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340736,00.html>.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
J.K. Rowling and "Harry Potter" (2010, October 25) Retrieved June 18, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/j-k-rowling-and-harry-potter-145099/
"J.K. Rowling and "Harry Potter"" 25 October 2010. Web. 18 June. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/j-k-rowling-and-harry-potter-145099/>