Increase Gun Control Persuasive Essay by cee-cee
Increase Gun Control
A persuasive essay calling for an increase in gun control to increase safety.
# 107789 | 1,591 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 12, 2008 in Hot Topics (Gun Control)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper paints a disturbing picture of the current status of national society in terms of violence and increasing gun misuse. The paper contends that it is necessary to create a national system for registering not only the guns, but also the people who possess these weapons. The paper discusses a method of implementation that involves hiring a lobby agency that will enable and speed up the legislative process.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Peter Rutten & Albert F. Bayers III and the World Rank Research Team 'Where We Stand', New York: Bantam Books, 1992), pp. 297,289
- Brian Wenn Australian Government - Violence today, no. 4: Violence in sportISBN 0 642 14748 5; ISSN 1032-7894 September 1989
- Cook, Philip J., Gun Violence: The Real Cost, Page 29. Oxford University Press, 2002
- Friedman, Lawrence M. (1993). "Chapter 8: Lawful Law and Lawless Law: Forms of American Violence", Crime and Punishment in American History. Basic Books. ISBN 0-465-01461-5.
- Kennedy, David M., Anne M. Piehl, Anthony A. Braga (1996). "Youth Violence in Boston: Gun Markets, Serious Youth Offenders, and a Use-Reduction Strategy". Law and Contemporary Problems 59(1): pp. 147-183. NCJ 162687
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Increase Gun Control (2008, September 12) Retrieved June 05, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/increase-gun-control-107789/
"Increase Gun Control" 12 September 2008. Web. 05 June. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/increase-gun-control-107789/>