$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper reveals that meditation, daily exercising and a healthy diet can improve one's health more than by using prescription medicines. The paper discusses how American society is so busy that they turn to doctors and prescriptions to quickly cure their pains instead of trying to keep a healthy body. The paper argues that improving life through the use of a holistic approach is one that makes sense and costs less in the long run.
From the Paper:"A Tufts University Health and Nutrition article recently espoused a new research review that "shows that boosting your potassium level can be just as important for healthy blood pressure - and may protect your heart in the bargain" (Boosting, 2008, pg. 8). The medical industry might have you believe otherwise. Oftentimes doctors and specialists will prescribe heart medicine or blood pressure medicines before ever even contemplating the much less intrusive, and equally as effective, holistic approach that might include eating bananas or avocados (both are chock full of potassium). The same article offered additional everyday common sense steps to take including; eschewing the salt-shaker and reducing salt intake from processed foods as "an obvious and responsible step" (Boosting, pg. 8)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Boosting potassium could cut hypertension cases 10%; (2008) Tufts University Health and Nutrition Letter, Vol. 26, No. 9, pg. 8
- Eigner, J.; (2006) Your body, yourself, Dance Magazine, Vol. 80, No. 8, pp. 46 - 48
- Ferrazzi, K.; (2008) Get over yourself, Advocate (Los Angeles); No. 1001, pg. 29
- Gould, K.; (2006) Holistic community development: Wellness for the collective body, American Indian Culture and Research Journal, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 59 - 74
- Stock, B.; (2006) The contemplative life and the teaching of the Humanities, Teachers College Record, Vol. 108, No. 9, pp. 1760 - 1764
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Holistic Health (2011, January 09) Retrieved February 19, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/holistic-health-146643/
"Holistic Health" 09 January 2011. Web. 19 February. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/holistic-health-146643/>