Hispanic Immigration and American Identity
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper examines the historical, economic, political and social aspects of the Hispanic immigration to the United States, which has increased dramatically in the past few decades. the paper points out that a horribly perverted mixture of American individualism and patriarchy has fostered violence on the Mexican-American border for the last decade and a half. Nonetheless, the paper underscores that a culturally diverse, strong economy can be observed in Texas, rich in Hispanic tradition and American innovation.
From the Paper:"Socially, changes can be subtler than expected. America has always been markedly different from other nations with a relatively brief, in historical terms, period of adjustment to alien cultures. An example is the election of Barack Obama as the first African-American to serve as President of the United States. Less than a hundred years ago, Woodrow Wilson championed the Ku Klux Klan before he was elected president. Similarly, while western states such as California and Arizona have had sizable Hispanic populations, due to proximity, and are accustomed to some influence."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bowden, Charles. "Mexico's Red Days." GQ July 2008: Print.
- Portillo, Lourdes, Dir. Senorita Extraviada. ITVS: 2005, Film.
- Fukunaga, Cary, Dir. Sin Nombre. Canana Films: 2009, Film.
- Fregoso, Rosa. Mexicana Encounters: The Making of Social Identities on the Borderlands. 1st. . American Crossroads, 2003. Print.
- Passel, Jeffrey. "Rise, Peak, and Decline: Trends in US Immigration from 1992-2004." pewhispanic.org. Web. 3 Feb 2010. <http://pewhispanic.org/reports/report.php?ReportID=53>.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Hispanic Immigration and American Identity (2010, July 25) Retrieved September 22, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/hispanic-immigration-and-american-identity-128473/
"Hispanic Immigration and American Identity" 25 July 2010. Web. 22 September. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/hispanic-immigration-and-american-identity-128473/>