Globalization in World Politics
An argument that contemporary globalisation is a positive force in world politics.
# 114243 | 2,282 words | 17 sources | MLA | 2007 |
Published on Jun 03, 2009 in Environmental Studies (Economics and Policy) , International Relations (General) , Political Science (General) , Economics (Globalization)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper attempts to show how contemporary globalization (from the end of the Second World War onwards), is, on the whole, a positive force in global politics. The paper analyzes global inequality, transnational environmental issues and the threat of interstate armed conflict and then shows how contemporary globalization has had a positive influence on all of these issues.
From the Paper:"The inequality between the global south and the global north is perhaps one of the greatest issues faced by the global community today. This issue can be split into two sub-issues. The first sub-issue consists of the underdevelopment of the global south as compared to the global north. The extent of this contrast can be seen in some of the results of the culmination of the World Development Report 2006, the World Development Indicators 2005 and the UNDP 2005. These showed that firstly, while the countries of the global north have approximately 95% of their roads paved, countries of the global south have only 31% of theirs paved. Secondly, while 80% of the global north's population live in cities, this is true for only 43% of the global south. This clearly shows that infrastructure in the global south is largely lacking and the majority of its population is still rural."
Sample of Sources Used:
- '2005 World Development Indicators', 2005, in The World Bank Group, <http://devdata.worldbank.org/wdi2005/Table2_5.htm>, viewed 02 Oct 2007.
- 'About UNEP', in United Nations Environment Programme, 2007, <http://www.unep.org/Documents.Multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=43>, viewed 05 Oct 2007.
- Angan H., Linlin H. and Zhixiao C. 'China's Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction: 1978-2002', 2002, International Monetary Fund, <http://www.imf.org/external/np/apd/seminars/2003/newdelhi/angang.pdf>, viewed 02 Oct 07.
- De Rato R. 'Prospering in a Globalized Economy', 2005, taken from International Monetary Fund, <http://www.imf.org/external/np/speeches/2005/031705.htm>, viewed 03 Oct 2007.
- Dupont A. 'transnational Security', in Ayson R. and Ball D. (ed), Strategy and Security in the Asia-Pacific, Sydney, Allen and Unwin, 2006.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Globalization in World Politics (2009, June 03) Retrieved July 04, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/globalization-in-world-politics-114243/
"Globalization in World Politics" 03 June 2009. Web. 04 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/globalization-in-world-politics-114243/>