Global Environmental Policy
This paper explores the problems facing the international community in convincing developing nations to enter into, implement and enforce environmental treaty obligations.
# 107466 | 1,875 words | 10 sources | MLA | 2008 |
Published on Sep 03, 2008 in Environmental Studies (Economics and Policy) , Law (International) , Environmental Studies (Environmental Problems)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the impossibility of reaching an unanimous agreement over the need to act against pollution and gas emissions. The paper explores the elements that define the overall framework of the global environmental policy and discusses the causes and effects of the lack of action, both political and practical, coming from developed and developing countries alike. The paper focuses on the Kyoto Protocol of 1997 and its failures. The paper concludes that to face up to the challenge of protecting the environment, solutions and forums are not the answer, rather, the solution lies in the diligent implementation of the agreements reached.
Sample of Sources Used:
- European Union. The Kyoto protocol - A brief summary. European Union web site, accessed 19 June 2007, from http://ec.europa.eu/environment/climat/kyoto.htm
- Freestone, David, and Charlotte Strech. Legal aspects of implementing the Kyoto Protocol. Mechanisms. Making Kyoto work. Oxford: OUP.
- Hohmann, Harald. Basic documents of international environmental law. International Environmental Law & Policy Series. Vol 1. London: Graham&Trotman, 1992.
- Hollo, Erkki ed al. Legal aspects of climate change: Instrument choice and the Kyoto mechanisms. Retrieved 19 June 2007, from http://www.sci.utu.fi/projects/maantiede/figare/UGS/UGS-177.pdf
- Huppes, Gjalt. Macro-environmental policy: principles and design- with cases on milk packaging, cadmium, phosphorus, and nitrogen, and energy and global warming. Amsterdam: DOOR, 1993.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Global Environmental Policy (2008, September 03) Retrieved December 06, 2022, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/global-environmental-policy-107466/
"Global Environmental Policy" 03 September 2008. Web. 06 December. 2022. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/global-environmental-policy-107466/>