An argument that gays and lesbians in the United States are not afforded the same rights as other citizens.
# 114869 | 1,361 words | 5 sources | MLA | 2009 |
Published on Jun 28, 2009 in African-American Studies (Racism) , Gender and Sexuality (Homosexuality) , Gender and Sexuality (Sexual Politics) , Hot Topics (Gay Adoption) , Hot Topics (Same-Sex Marriage)
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper introduces, discusses and analyzes the topic of civil rights in America. Specifically it discusses gay/lesbian rights and how gays are treated like second-class citizens in the United States. The paper argues that gays and lesbians face social stigma and bigotry and face many of the same civil rights issues that Blacks faced four decades ago.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Caldwell, J. (2004). Prodding the Fortune 500: One gay rights leader learned that equality in the workplace may come by simply asking for it. 62.
- Editors. (2008). Fact file. Retrieved 13 March 2008 from the PublicAgenda.org Web site: http://www.publicagenda.org/issues/factfiles.cfm?issue_type=gay_rights.
- Quam, J. K. (2004). 7 Issues in gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender aging. Handbook of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender administration and policy, Swan, W. (Ed.) (pp. 137-155). New York: Marcel Dekker.
- Weinstein, S. (2007, September 11). A labor of love: Gay rights activists are finding common ground and forming surprising alliances with America's labor unions. The Advocate 12.
- Wyman, H. (2004). 5 New GLBT political and policy developments. In Handbook of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender administration and policy, Swan, W. (Ed.) (pp. 91-123). New York: Marcel Dekker.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Gay Rights (2009, June 28) Retrieved April 06, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/gay-rights-114869/
"Gay Rights" 28 June 2009. Web. 06 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/gay-rights-114869/>