$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper discusses how disposable diapers have both advantages when it comes to convenience and availability and disadvantages in the areas of safety and pollution of the environment. The paper also looks at how cost, environmental issues, and health concerns are among the primary reasons for rethinking disposable diapers and how these problems cannot be ignored any longer. Additionally, the paper examines how ever increasing pollution and far reaching side effects from plastic throw away diapers are causing irreversible damage to our environment. The paper concludes that parents and caregivers must take a stand against using plastic disposable diapers.
From the Paper:"Skin irritations are another problem that comes with using disposable diapers. Diaper rashes are serious issues that can occur with your baby during the time they spend wearing diapers. Some things that are the main factors in causing diaper rashes are prolonged wetness, lack of air circulation, soap, chemical and dye allergies. What happens is the ammonia is formed by bacteria that interacts with urine left sitting against the skin, and then promotes the growth of microbes in the diaper area. A diaper that is not properly cleaned and sanitized after becoming soiled is also another factor (Cloth vs. Disposable Diaper, Diapers, Diapers, & More Diapers par. 4). According to the Journal of Pediatrics a total of fifty-four percent one- month old babies that used disposable diapers had moderate rashes, while an additional sixteen percent had severe rashes."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Caldwell, Ginny. "Diapers! Disposable or Cotton?". Ecobaby Organics. Organic Trade Organization. 17 March 2008. <http://www.ecobaby.com/cloth.htm>.
- "Cloth vs. Disposable Diaper, Diapers, Diapers, & More Diapers". The New Parents Guide. 1999- 2008. 17 March 2008. <http://www.thenewparentsguide.com/diapers.htm>.
- "Cloth vs. Disposable Diaper". Institute for Lifecycle Environmental Assessment. 1992. Franklin Associates, Ltd. 7 March 2008 <http://www.ilea.org/lcas/franklin1992.html>.
- "Diaper Facts." 2007. Real Diaper Association. 27 March 2008.<http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php>.
- "Disposable Diaper". How Products are Made. 2007. Advameg Inc. 27 March 2008. < http://www.madehow.com/Volume-3/Disposable-Diaper.html >.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Disposable Diapers (2008, April 30) Retrieved August 21, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/disposable-diapers-103254/
"Disposable Diapers" 30 April 2008. Web. 21 August. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/disposable-diapers-103254/>