$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the importance of ensuring that classroom management encourages thinking skills and incorporates diversity of the learning process in today's multicultural classroom. The paper deals with the importance of student empowerment and self-determination, especially in the case of children with learning disabilities and how teachers have to take into account student interests, learning styles and multiple intelligences. The paper also relates that teachers should be involved with students and the teacher's method of assessment should be clear to students. An outline of specific methods of classroom management is included.
From the Paper:"A unified assessment of the classroom is the most essential component of any and all classroom management techniques, according to research. As research identifies thinking skills as the basic tools of effective thinking (Beyer, 2008), the classroom instructor must design their management approach around developing thinking skills. Research divides thinking skills into two categories, those essential for learning in general and those most useful for learning specific subjects or disciplines, such as history, science, or mathematics (Beyer, 2008). Thus there are specific thinking skills and general thinking skills which need to be defined and developed in classroom management."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Beyer, Barry K. (2008) "What research tells us about teaching thinking skills.(Report)." The Social Studies 99.5 (Sept-Oct 2008): 223(10).
- Crain, W.C. (1985). Theories of Development. Prentice-Hall. pp. 118-136.
- Froyen, L. A., & Iverson, A. M. (1999). Schoolwide and classroom management: The reflective educator-leader (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall
- Marks, Susan Unok. (2008) "Self-determination for students with intellectual disabilities and why I want educators to know what it means: contrary to what many people assume, students with intellectual disabilities are capable of directing some aspects of their own lives. If we are to create democratic classrooms, Ms. Marks argues, we must promote self-determination for all students." Phi Delta Kappan 90.1: 55(4)
- Miller, P. (1993) On Piaget. Theories of Developmental Psychology. Prentice Hall New Jersey.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Classroom Management (2009, August 31) Retrieved September 28, 2023, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/classroom-management-116176/
"Classroom Management" 31 August 2009. Web. 28 September. 2023. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/classroom-management-116176/>