$19.95 $9.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper explains that driving while using a cell phone can be dangerous as witnessed by the number of accidents and deaths. Some governments, the author points out, already have recognized the risk of driving while calling and have enacted often limited legislature to counteract the increasing number of people involved in this type of driving accidents. However, the author believes that this legislation must be tightened and urges the public to be proactive so that more people are not victims to these senseless accidents.
From the Paper:"Cell phones have made our lives more convenient but also more dangerous. Cell phones have 250 million users in the United States, a number that is increasing yearly at a rate of 40%. Studies have also discovered that cell phone use while driving increases the chance of a car accident. Even the task of dialing numbers can cause a person to potentially lose control of the vehicle. Incidentally, most people who were in car accidents while driving were on the phone."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Britt, R. R. (2005). Drivers on Cell Phones Kill Thousands, Snarl Traffic. LiveScience. Retrieved July 18, 2009 from LiveScience database.
- Car Accidents. Cell Phone Accidents Pictures & Stories. Retrieved July 18, 2009, from http://www.car-accidents.com/cell_phone_car_accidents.html .
- Edgar Snyder and Associates. Car Accident Cell Phone Statistics. Retrieved July 18, 2009, from http://www.edgarsnyder.com/auto-accident/auto/cell/statistics.html .
- Goepel, J. (2003). Crashes caused by inattentive drivers are nothing new. Cell phones are the latest distraction. Via AAA Traveler's Companion. Retrieved July 18, 2009 from VIA Magazine database.
- Nevada Legislature. How a Bill is Passed. Retrieved July 18, 2009, from http://www.leg.state.nv.us/General/im_just_a_bill.cfm .
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Cell Phone Use (2009, November 24) Retrieved March 28, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/cell-phone-use-117239/
"Cell Phone Use" 24 November 2009. Web. 28 March. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/cell-phone-use-117239/>