Business in Canada: A Compelling Choice
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper relates that in Canada, trade freedom is considerable, businesses benefit from low tax rates, inflation is controlled and there is an emphasis on free market pricing. Furthermore, the paper discusses how investment in Canada is straightforward and encourages both foreign and domestic sources of capital, and, the recent financial crisis has demonstrated the security and soundness of the Canadian financial and credit system. In addition, the paper points out a lack of corruption and an efficient, engaged and highly educated workforce. The paper shows how the available evidence is strongly indicative of a country which has everything to offer a potential business looking to seize economic opportunities in the global marketplace.
From the Paper:"Discussion of potential opportunities for corporate expansion in the global economy by business leaders and commentators typically centers on the foreign investment options in the Asia-Pacific region including: China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and South Korea. Yet, while Asia presents an impressive growth story, a compelling strategic choice presents itself in the form of the freest economy in North America, and perhaps most surprisingly it is not the United States. According to the annual Heritage Foundation report on economic freedom, Canada is the sixth freest economy in the world based on ten indicators: business freedom, trade freedom, fiscal freedom, investment freedom, monetary freedom, financial freedom, labor freedom, freedom from corruption, property rights, and government spending (The Heritage Foundation. 2011). Canada has emerged over the last decade as a potent and vibrant economy and "leads all G7 countries in ease of doing business according to the 2009 IMD World Competitiveness Yearbook" (Government of Canada- Business Environment Advantage. 2010). A CEO with focus on profitable opportunities and strong return on investment will spy a "proactive federal government which understands the importance of its business community and has created an environment to encourage its success" (Government of Canada- Business Environment Advantage/ Tax Advantage. 2010)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Department of Finance-Canada. (January 2, 2010). Canada to Have the Lowest Overall Tax Rate on New Business Investment in the G7 in 2010. Department of Finance- Canada. Retrieved February 11, 2011 from http://www.fin.gc.ca/n10/10-002- eng.asp
- Gillies, R. (June 20, 2010). Canada's Economy is Suddenly the Envy of the World. ABC News. Retrieved February 11, 2011 from http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=10964863&page=2
- Government of Canada. Invest in Canada. (2010). Invest in Canada. Economic Advantage. Government of Canada. Retrieved February 11, 2011 from http://investincanada.gc.ca/eng/advantage-canada/business-environment.aspx
- Government of Canada. Invest in Canada. (2010). Invest in Canada. Tax Advantage. Government of Canada. Retrieved February 11, 2011 from http://investincanada.gc.ca/eng/advantage-canada/tax-advantage.aspx
- Government of Canada. Invest in Canada. (2010). Invest in Canada. Business Environment Advantage. Government of Canada. Retrieved February 11, 2011 from http://investincanada.gc.ca/eng/advantage-canada/business-environment.aspx
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Business in Canada: A Compelling Choice (2013, May 05) Retrieved July 12, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/business-in-canada-a-compelling-choice-153182/
"Business in Canada: A Compelling Choice" 05 May 2013. Web. 12 July. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/business-in-canada-a-compelling-choice-153182/>