$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper takes a look at the issues surrounding the question of what is art. According to the paper, this seemingly simple question has been asked for years, perhaps even for centuries. The paper attempts to answer this question.
Sample of Sources Used:
- ARTnews (1988): ...Estimates of the Total Annual Art Market Ranging from $10 billion to $40 billion,
- Devereaux, Mary, (1993) Protected Space: Politics, Censorship and the Arts, The Journal of Asthetics and Art Criticism. Vol. 51, Number 2, pp. 207-15
- Giuffre, Katherine, (1999) Sandpiles of Opportunity: Success in the Art World, Social Forces, Vol. 77, Number 3, pp. 815-32
- Haden-Guest, Anthony (1996) True Colors: The Real Life of the Art World, New York: Atlantic Monthly Press
- Polsky, Richard, (2003) I Bought Andy Warhol, New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Art Politics (2007, April 27) Retrieved April 09, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/art-politics-94371/
"Art Politics" 27 April 2007. Web. 09 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/art-politics-94371/>