Art Outreach Programs
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer discusses that since funding for school programs in the US has been so drastically reduced, art outreach programs have become absolute necessities for many communities. The writer points out that these programs also introduce not only children to art, but adults are benefiting from these programs as well. The writer explains that exposure to art at any age can bring about a transformation in an individual, giving them a window into a different world and perhaps a new window into themselves they may have never seen before. The writer concludes that outreach programs have the ability to touch entire communities and should be supported and encouraged as much as possible for their positive and long-term effect.
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Art Program Promotes Self-Esteem, Self-Expression." Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL) 24 Feb. 2006: 1.
- The Importance of Art to Education. Arkansas River Valley Arts Education (2007)http://www.arvartscenter.org/education.htm
- Mulcahy, Kevin V., and Margaret Jane Wyszomirski, eds. America's Commitment to Culture: Government and the Arts. Boulder, CO: Westview Press, 1995.
- Robinson, Alma. Renaissance in arts funding needed. San Francisco Chronicle 6,January 2006
- Still, Sandra. Outreach programs. Arts & Activities; (1997) 122: 37,
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Art Outreach Programs (2008, December 03) Retrieved April 14, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/art-outreach-programs-109571/
"Art Outreach Programs" 03 December 2008. Web. 14 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/art-outreach-programs-109571/>