Animal Cruelty and Psychology
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
Cruelty against animals has been a problem that has plagued human history since the earliest days of mankind. This paper discusses how animal abuse is linked to serious psychological problems and how protection of animals also serves to protect humans. The paper contends that in order to prevent further abuse in the future, a uniform system of stricter laws protecting the rights of animals should be passed and enforced across the country.
From the Paper:"There is a clear connection between cruelty toward animals as a child and violent crimes committed toward humans later in life. Researchers, as well as the FBI and other law enforcement agencies nationwide, have linked animal cruelty to not only serial killings but also domestic violence, child abuse, and the recent rash of killings by school-age children, according to Dr. Randall Lockwood, Vice President of Training Initiatives for The Humane Society of the United States. (Syufy) In order to protect human and animal victims, there needs to be an awareness of the relationship between violence to animals and subsequent or concurrent violence toward other people. "
Sample of Sources Used:
- Bailey-Lloyd, CarolAnn. Animal Cruelty: The Key to Serial Minds. 2005. <http://ezinearticles.com/?Animal-Cruelty:--The-Key-to-Serial-Minds&id=35856>.
- Coppola, Phil Arkow & Tracy. Expanding Protective Orders to Include Companion Animals. <http://www.americanhumane.org/site/DocServer/PetsinPO2007.pdf?docID=5061>.
- Frank R. Ascione, Ph.D, Claudia V. Weber, M.S., and David S. Wood. Animal Welfare and Domestic Violence . 25 April 1997. <http://www.vachss.com/guest_dispatches/ascione_2.html>.
- Kuehn, Bridget M. ANIMAL HOARDING:A public health problem veterinarians can take a lead role in solving . 15 October 2002. <http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/oct02/021015a.asp>.
- Syufy, Franny. The connection between animal abuse and violent crimes. <http://cats.about.com/cs/crueltyconnection/a/cruelty.htm>.
Cite this Persuasive Essay:
Animal Cruelty and Psychology (2008, March 24) Retrieved August 03, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/animal-cruelty-and-psychology-102356/
"Animal Cruelty and Psychology" 24 March 2008. Web. 03 August. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/persuasive-essay/animal-cruelty-and-psychology-102356/>