The National Response Plan
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
In this article, the writer points out that the world changed drastically on September 11, 2001 with the terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York City. The writer notes that the Department of Homeland Security released the final draft of the National Response Plan (NRP) in December 2004. The writer discusses that the plan establishes a comprehensive all-discipline, all-hazards approach to enhance the ability of the United States to manage domestic incidents. Further, the writer notes that the Plan incorporates best practices and procedures from incident management disciplines - homeland security, emergency management, law enforcement, firefighting, public works, public health, responder and recovery worker health and safety, emergency medical services, and the private sector - and integrates them into a unified structure. The writer concludes that despite whatever strong or weak points the NRP may have, it is always better to have a plan in place rather than grope in the dark when problems are already present.
Sample of Sources Used:
- Center for Nonproliferation Studies (Accessed: 2006) "February 1993 Bombing of the World Trade Center in New York" [Online] Available at: <http://cns.miis.edu/pubs/reports/wtc93.htm>
- EMD (2005) "G230 - Principles of Emergency Management (PDS)" [Online] Available at: <http://emd.wa.gov/3-pet/ent/courses/cse-presents/g-230-03-02/g-230-03-02-pres.htm>
- House Resolution 5005 (2002) "One Hundred Seventh Congress of the United States of America" Washington, D.C., 23 January 2002.
- September 11 News.com (Accessed: 2006) "September 11, 2001 - The Day the World Changed" [Online] Available at: <http://www.september11news.com/>
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (2004) National Response Plan - December 2004. Washington, D.C.: Department of Homeland Security.
Cite this Narrative Essay:
The National Response Plan (2007, March 25) Retrieved April 21, 2021, from https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/the-national-response-plan-93659/
"The National Response Plan" 25 March 2007. Web. 21 April. 2021. <https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/the-national-response-plan-93659/>