My Leadership Style
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper discusses the traits and skill sets of successful leaders and relates the results of the author's self assessment leadership test. The paper then discusses the qualities and characteristics of a good nurse and describes how these qualities make him into a successful nursing leader. The paper points out, however, that being a good manager is hard enough by itself, but being a good nurse manager is even harder.
From the Paper:"Good leaders are those who are capable of expressing themselves completely. They also know what they desire, why they desire it, and how to communicate what they desire to others, in order to achieve their help and backing. They also know how to attain the objectives that they have set for themselves (Classical Leadership, 2009). Successful leaders are created they are not born. If one has the yearning and determination, they can grow to be a successful leader. Successful leaders grow through a never concluding procedure of studying, teaching, schooling, and practice. In order to motivate ones employees into higher levels of teamwork, there are definite things they must be, discern, and, complete. These do not come obviously, but are obtained by way of recurrent labor and learning. Successful leaders are constantly functioning and learning in order to advance their leadership abilities (Concepts of Leadership, 2010).
"On the self assessment test I scored a 5.4 on the people section and a 5.8 on the task section. These scores indicate my leadership style as team leadership (Leadership Matrix Survey, 2010). An employee who assists their group's procedures by working together with the group to make sure that they finish their tasks successfully and professionally, by preserving good operational associations, and by organizing with the supervisor and others on objectives, precedence, group requirements, and attainments."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Brown, Barbara. (2003). Leaders Among Us. Retrieved October 26, 2010, from Nurse Week Web site: http://www.nurseweek.com/ednote/03/040203_mw.asp
- Classical Leadership.(2009). Retrieved October 26, 2010, from Infed Web site: http://www.infed.org/leadership/traditional_leadership.htm
- Concepts of Leadership. (2010). Retrieved October 26, 2010, from Web site: http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadcon.html
- Leadership Matrix Survey. (2010). Retrieved October 26, 2010, from Web site: http://nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/matrix.html
- Team Leadership in the New Workplace. (n.d.). Retrieved October 26, 2010, from US Office of Personnel Management Web site: http://www.opm.gov/perform/articles/081.asp
Cite this Narrative Essay:
My Leadership Style (2013, May 01) Retrieved January 21, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/my-leadership-style-152921/
"My Leadership Style" 01 May 2013. Web. 21 January. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/my-leadership-style-152921/>