A Corporate Attorney's Plan to Avoid Outsourcing
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
This paper reflects the author's decision-making process as he contemplates and ultimately decides to pursue corporate law. The paper includes facts and statistics about law careers, specifically focusing on how to avoid being outsourced. The author concludes with a plan of action to build a successful corporate law career while establishing oneself as "non-fungible" or non-tradable.
From the Paper:"Corporate lawyers work in the center of law and trade and they serve as advisors or advocates for the business that hires them. Most corporate lawyers are categorized as either transactional attorneys or litigators. Transactional attorneys advise companies during large financial transactions such as public offerings of stock, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations and cross-border financing ("Corporate Law"). Litigators are often the lawyers that appear in court to represent plaintiffs or defendants. I would prefer to be more of an inside-man and therefore, a transactional attorney."
Sample of Sources Used:
- "Corporate Law." SEO: Sponsors for Educational Opportunity. 2008. New York University School of Law. 8 Mar. 2008 <http://www.seo-usa.org/career/ default.asp?page-id=96>.
- Friedman, Thomas L. The World is Flat. New York: Farrar, Straus, and Giroux, 2005.
- Hira, Ron and Anil Hira. Outsourcing America. New York: Amacom, 2005.
- Mauro, Tony. "Supreme Court to Consider the Fungibility of Lawyers." Legal Times 17 Apr. 2006. 29 Feb. 2008 <http://www.law.com/jsp/ Article.jsp?id=1190192571364>.
- Munneke, Gary. Opportunities in Law Careers. Chicago: CGM Career Books, 2001.
Cite this Narrative Essay:
A Corporate Attorney's Plan to Avoid Outsourcing (2010, June 06) Retrieved April 07, 2020, from https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/a-corporate-attorney-plan-to-avoid-outsourcing-120166/
"A Corporate Attorney's Plan to Avoid Outsourcing" 06 June 2010. Web. 07 April. 2020. <https://www.academon.com/narrative-essay/a-corporate-attorney-plan-to-avoid-outsourcing-120166/>