Strategic Marketing and the Tommy Hilfiger Collection
$19.95 Buy and instantly download this paper now
The paper provides an introduction to the Tommy Hilfiger Corporation and discusses their new line centered on the younger customer. The paper describes the design of the new collection and looks at the role of product, place, price and promotion in the marketing of this line. The paper finds that the Tommy Hilfiger has a very strong brand awareness which is going to go a long way in making their new line successful, they have identified their target market as that of young people, they have developed a reasonably priced line of clothing that is geared towards these young people and they have identified a place to sell this line of clothes by opening new boutiques. The paper concludes that if they promote this new line in a successful way they will be very successful.
From the Paper:"Tommy has now become more centered on the younger customer. This new line is going to be aimed at 20-30 year olds and reasonably priced. Tommy knits will sell for $24 to $59, denim will go for $69 to $129 and outerwear will start at $129 for men and $139 for women. The collection will be sourced through Li& Fung Ltd and manufactured in the United States, Asia, India and Mexico. The Tommy stores are not intended to compete with their exclusive sportswear collection for men, women's and children's for Macy's which is correspondingly priced (Lockwood, 2010).
"The Tommy collection has no logos but bears signature details which give it a more hand-made feel. The women's line, ranges from black wool shorts and chunky cable-knit wool cardigans to denim jackets and black strapless sequin dresses. Accessories, such as chunky necklaces, knit hats, watches, belts, luggage and footwear, are also displayed. The merchandise is intended so that one can buy an outfit in a conventional way or in an edgier way. There's a lot of experimentation with fabrics, washes and displays. It gives them the occasion to identify with the young consumer again. Tommy as a brand is all about color and pattern and a quirky sense of humor. These things all play a role in store design and the clothing. The new Tommy stores all have drapes that are hand-made, and have a mix of contemporary with vintage, generating an entertaining setting for young women and men (Lockwood, 2010)."
Sample of Sources Used:
- Corkindale, David. (2008). Mistakes Marketers Make. Retrieved February 13, 2011, from Wall Street Journal Web site: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122446752026649227.html
- Lockwood, Lisa. (2010). Hilfiger Targets Younger Consumer With Tommy Stores. Retrieved February 13, 2011, from Web site: http://macysalumnigroup.blogspot.com/2010/10/hilfiger-targets-younger-consumer- with.html
- Promotion. (2011). Retrieved February 13, 2011, from Web site: http://marketingteacher.com/lesson-store/lesson-promotion.html
- The Marketing Mix and 4 Ps. (2011). Retrieved February 13, 2011, from Web site: http://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newSTR_94.htm
- Tommy Hilfiger Corporation. (2010). Retrieved February 13, 2011, from Bloomberg Businessweek Web site: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=31953 4
Cite this Marketing Plan:
Strategic Marketing and the Tommy Hilfiger Collection (2013, May 05) Retrieved April 26, 2019, from https://www.academon.com/marketing-plan/strategic-marketing-and-the-tommy-hilfiger-collection-153192/
"Strategic Marketing and the Tommy Hilfiger Collection" 05 May 2013. Web. 26 April. 2019. <https://www.academon.com/marketing-plan/strategic-marketing-and-the-tommy-hilfiger-collection-153192/>